Buy this album
Recorded live by Little Tribeca.
Sound engineer: Frédéric Briant
Editing, mixing and mastering: Maurico Angarita, Ignace Hauville, Franck Jaffrès and Philippe Teissier du Cros
Released: 15 November 2019
Toquinho: Canto da Sereia
The world of bossa nova meets classical music for a unique record, born from the exceptional encounter of the Brazilian singer Toquinho, living legend of the bossa, and the international cellist Ophélie Gaillard.
Including standards alongside several exclusive songs, with original arrangements of the composer Gabriel Sivak, this present recording breathes the sweet fragrance of a warm summer night. The soft warmth of Ophélie Gaillard’s strings supports Toquinho’s soul-stirring whispers. With delicate harmonies and irresistible rhythms, this subtle reveals the essence of the bossa, which lies in this bright nostalgia and its wistful swing, at the rhythm of the beating heart. Toquinho picks out the chords on his guitar as he mumurs the words of Vinicius de Moraes and proves that the poet found in this music the right echo of his soul: how can one resist to this betwitching Song of the siren?
1. Quem viver, verá (Toquinho)
2. Canto da sereia (Gabriel Sivak/Toquinho)
3. Samba da Bençao ; Samba pra Vinicius
(Baden Powell/Vinicius de Moraes/Toquinho/Chico Buarque)
4. Eu sei que vou te amar (Tom Jobim/Vinicius de Moraes)
5. Alvorada (Cartola/Cachaça/H.B de Carvalho)
6. Bachianinha no.1 (Paulinho Nogueira)
7. Tarde em itapoã (Toquinho/Vinicius de Moraes)
8. Fariseus (Gabriel Sivak/Toquinho/Paulo César Pinheiro)
9. Acuarela (Toquinho/Maurizio Fabrizio/Guido Morra/Vinicius de Moraes)
10. Carinhoso (Pixinguinha)
11. Escravo da Alegria (Toquinho/Vinicius de Moraes)
12. Tristeza (Niltinho)
13. Bachiana Brasileira no.5 (H. Villa-Lobos)