K, a multicultural orchestra under the direction of the Italian-Brazilian conductor Simone Menezes, is bringing out its first album. Born out of the awareness that classical music was exported throughout the world and took on multiple influences in the last century, K’s project seeks to find the original accents of the works it performs. Their goal: to tell each story in its original language.
1. Alexander Porfiryevich Borodin Polovtsian Dances (arr. Vincent Paulet)
2. Claude Debussy Prélude à l’Après-midi d’un faune (arr. Benno Sachs)
3. Aaron Copland Appalachian Spring
4. Heitor Villa-Lobos Chôros no.5 (arr. Gustavo de Sà)
5. Sophie Lacaze Histoire sans paroles